Born in 1976 in Mexico City. Lives and works in Queretaro, Mexico.
He is an artist that has been dedicating his career in expanding the plastic limits of the realistic painting. Nowadays he is member of the National System of Art Creators (2012-2015), but he has also received various stimuli and national and international awards for his work. He received the scholarship from the Young Creators Program (2010-2011) given by the Culture and Arts National Founding, and from the Creation Stimulus Program by the Culture and Arts Institute of Queretaro State (2012-2013). He also has been elected to participate in different international artistic residencies: “The Why Not Place”, Religare Art Residency Programme in Nueva Delhi, India (2011), Djerassi Resident Artists Program in California, United States (2010) and in Banff Centre in Alberta, Canada (2008). In Mexico his work has been awarded with the Acquisition Award at the Monterrey Emerging Art Biennial (2008) and the first place in the National Biennial Julio Castillo in Queretaro (2008). Also, his works have been selected to participate in CUADRO Guide and Salon of Emerging Artists (2009 and 2010), the Emerging Contemporary Art Fair (2007) and the publication mART: "Selection of Emerging Artists for New Collectors" (2007 ). His work has been presented in numerous solo and group exhibitions, in Mexico, India, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland and New York.
Grants and Prizes
- 2013-2015 “National Creators”, National Council for Culture and the Arts CONACULTA, Mexico.
- 2012-2013 “Creators Support Program -PECDA”, Art and Cultural Institute of Queretaro, Queretaro.
- 2011 ‘The WhyNot Place Residency’, Religare Art Residency Programme, New Delhi, India.
- 2010-2011 “National Grant Young Artists” FONCA, Mexico.
- 2010 Djerassi Resident Artists Program, Woodside, California, USA.
- 2009-2010 Selected contestant “CUADRO Art Exhibition and Publication of Emerging Artists”, Mexico City.
2008 Selected contestant “Jumex Fundation, Contemporary Workshop with Clayton Campbell”, Estado de Mexico.
“Artistic Residency Interchange Banff Centre” Alberta, Canada, FONCA- Banff Centre.
- 2007-2008 “Creators Support Program ”, Art and Cultural Institute of Queretaro, Queretaro.
2007 Selected contestant “FACE Art Fair Emerging Contemporary Artist”, Mexico City.
Selected contestant “Emerging Artist for new collectors Publication”, Murrieta Foundation and Cuarta Pared Art Magazine, Mexico city.
“Creation Support Program”, Art and Cultural Institute of Queretaro, Queretaro, Mexico.
2006 First Place “National Biennial of Painting Julio Castillo” Libertad Gallery, Queretaro, Mexico.
Acquisition prize “National Biennial Emergent Art”, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.
Honor mention “First Biennial of Painting Gonzalo Villa Chavez” selected contestant, University Gallery, Colima.
Honor mention “National Prize of Painting Jose Atanasio Monroy ”University Gallery, Autlan de Navarro, Jalisco.
“Alfredo Guati Rojo Prize”, National Museum of Watercolor. Mexico City.
- 1992 Second place in Drawing, “Ricardo Flores Magon” Annual Festival, Queretaro.
- 2013 “The Seduction of Destruction”, Libertad Gallery, Queretaro, Mexico.
- 2012 “Decay wills” X Anniversary, Townhall Gallery Rosario Sanchez de Lozada, Queretaro.
- 2011 “Terrestris” Espacio Gallery, Morges, Switzerland.
- 2010 “Non Ego” Aldama Fine Arts, Mexico City.
- "Qui est celui qui est", Espacio Gallery, Morges, Switzerland.
- Aldama Fine Arts, Mexico DF
- "Qui est celui est", Art Museum of Queretaro.
- 2009 “Hazardous Pleasures", Polyforum Siqueiros, Mexico City.
- "Hazardous Pleasures ", Art Centre Bernardo Quintana Arrioja, Queretaro.
- 2008 “Sketches”, The Other Gallery, Banff, Canada.
- "Anywhere", Espacio Gallery, Morges, Switzerland.
- 2007 “Att räkna med”, Alingsås, Sweden.
- “Beyond The Significant”, Libertad Gallery, Queretaro.
- “Urban”, De Corazones Gallery, Guanajuato.
- “NYC”, Atrium Gallery, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato.
- 2006 “To Be… or Not?, University Gallery of Contemporary Art, Queretaro.
- “Inclusions”, Art Museum of Queretaro.
- 2005 “Fructus”, DRT Gallery, Queretaro
- 2004 “Sun Threads”, City Museum, Queretaro.
- “Blue-Metamorphosis of Myself”, Townhall Gallery Rosario Sánchez de Lozada, Queretaro.
- 2012 “Pinta LONDON 2012” London, UK. Oscar Roman Gallery
- “Contemporary Parallel V, IV, III, II” Oscar Roman Gallery, Mexico City (2011, 2010, 2009)
- “Ciudad Q Inventario Territorial” Libertad Gallery Queretaro
- “Agora, XV Años del Museo de la Ciudad” Queretaro.
- 2011 "The Whynot place Residency" Religart Gallery, New Delhi, India.
- 2010 “Bienal Artemergente 2010”, Fundidora Park, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.
- “CUADRO Guía y Salón de Artistas Emergentes”, Polyforum Siqueiros. Mexico City, Museo Reyes Mesa, Nuevo Laredo.
- 2009 “CUADRO Guía y Salón de Artistas Emergentes”, Estación Indianilla, Mexico City.
- “Y algo más”, Espacio Gallery, Morges, Switzerland.
- “MACAY 15 años” Contemporary Museum Ateneo de Yucatán, Yucatán.
- 2008 "Lines and square dots" Gallery Espacio, Morgues Switzerland.
- "Urban reconciliation" Montreux Art Gallery, Montreux Switzerland.
- “Open Studio”, Banff Centre, Banff, Canada.
- “Emerging Artists of Contemporary Mexican and" Deloitte & Touche USA LLP, New York, USA.
- "A Fine Figure" Susan Eley Fine Art Gallery, New York, USA.
- 2007 “Emerging Artists from Mexico and Latin America”, New York Academy of Art, New York, USA.
- “Libertad Prize 2007” selected contestant, Libertad Gallery, Queretaro.
- "TM" 13 Gallery, Mexico City
- "Rectangles" Espacio Gallery, Morgues Switzerland.
- “Latitud 20º14’06’’, Cultural Space Gallery, Tampico, Tamaulipas.
- “Les Demoiselles d’Avignon” University Gallery of Contemporary Art, Queretaro.
- 2006 “National Biennial of Painting Julio Castillo” Libertad Gallery, Queretaro.
- “National Biennial Emergent Art”, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.
- “9/11, a lustrum later”, City Museum, Queretaro.
- “Alfredo Guati Rojo Prize”, Nacional Museum of Watercolor, Mexico City.
- 2005 “Libertad Prize 2005” selected contestant, Libertad Gallery, Queretaro.
- 2009 Today Painting, Torre 13, México DF Art Marketing, Torre 13, México DF
- 2008 ISMS, La Fábrica, Queretaro
- 2007 History of Painting, University of Queretaro
- 2005 Course of Creativity and Creation, University of Queretaro. Oil Painting, University of Queretaro.
- 2004 Drawing from Nature, Human Figure with Model, University of Queretaro. Oil Painting-Portraits, City Museum, Queretaro.
- 2001-2003 Watercolor.
- 1993-1997 Bachelor of Arts – Graphic Design. University of Valle de Mexico, Queretaro.
- 2011 Here, now, then, there and Here again, Religare Art. India Accrochages Magazine No. 131. Switzerland
- 2010 Accrochages Magazine No. 116 Switzerland
2008 Accrochages Magazine No. 96
a+a Art Magazine Mexico City
Armas y Letras Art Magazine. Monterrey NL, Mexico
2007 Cuarta Pared Art Magazine, Numbers 6 and 7, Mexico City
“Emerging Artist for new collectors Publication”, Murrieta Foundation and Cuarta Pared Art Magazine, México City
Montreux Art Gallery Foundation, Murrieta Foundation, Bibliotek Alingsås, Polyforum Siqueiros, Casa de la Cultura Gobierno del Estado de Nuevo León, Museo de Arte de Querétaro y Galería Libertad Gobierno del Estado de Querétaro, Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro, DRT Foundation.